Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I told you so

Today I'm angry. You know that kind of angry where you just want to say "I told you so" to people who are dealing with negative consequences. This desire is particularly strong with people you had previous conversations about doing something differently to avoid or lessen those consequences. I'm having a really hard time keeping my mouth shut. I want desperately to point out that  since this was the expected outcome to the chosen behavior, that this was actually what that person wanted!  If they wanted a different outcome, then when presented with the opportunity to do things differently and aquire that outcome, they would have chosen to modify their behavior. 

Theres that infamous definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. What is it that makes a person able to see a hypothetical situation rationally and know how they should handle it? Then when the situation, which has been role played, comes to pass, the persons brain ceases to function and they revert to operating on emotion. This is especially puzzling to me when the same situation plays out over and over. I want to scream!  

No comments:

Post a Comment